Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Facebook Ads errors : "Save operation failed" "update table failed"


These errors I have encountered very frequently while operating my Facebook Ad account. Specially while I'm modifying the CPC amount. It just fails to update the amount giving the above mentioned error. This is quite frustrating experience specially because this involves the money being spent, and despite your attempts to modify Facebook is not accepting the updated CPC amount.

Another frequently seen error is :
Many times this is seen when modifying the running status of the Ad. For example If I'm trying to pause an Ad, It will show the above error "Save operation Failed" and it will continue to run!!

  The irony is i do not see such error very often as a Facebook user, but as an advertiser, I do a lot frequently, which is almost daily. Thing to note is that it is not just a one off error. It is seen for hours together, of course I will not sit on it for hours. I go back to work, check back after some time and it is still there!

Advertisers is the way Facebook makes money. The focus on user experience for an advertiser is not appropriate, specially given that these are seen very frequently.

No comments: